What's happening, is it Asia buying, is it New Zealand Buying or Australia buying?
Latest piece missed from our local newspaper - but now found:
- Queensland Roofer: Asian buyer near for Fielders, nothing for Orrcon.
- NSW Roofer: Asian buyer for Fielder in 2014 January.
- Victoria Roofer: Australian buyer for Fielders, no buyer for Orrcon.
- SA Roofer: No buyer for Fielders or Orrcon.
- WA Roofer: They don't care who buys either Fielders or Orrcon - too busy selling stuff.
- NT Roofer: Reckons Fielders will go to an Asian buyer - but very restricted???
- ACT Roofer: Fielders and Orrcon both No Sale!
I can't see Fletchers buying either Orrcon or Fielders. CSR is a no go currently, with their own tile roofing business suffering under the reduced construction figures. Plus the mining construction does not suit the transportable building industry in WA, NT and QLD. Maybe a chance and should contact Tom Waterhouse for online betting?
My bet is a sale of Fielders in early 2014 (January) to an Asian company if only anti dumping duty is eliminated. Who knows?