The latest February 2012 figures for residential approvals are down again in February by 7.8% over the previous month. Year to date 2012 - residential building approvals down by 15.2%.
|Monthly Building Approvals Australia.|
Rollformers would also have to be hit with this residential downturn, as the resource industry construction hasn't be big enough to fill the decrease! From this ARTICLE in The Australian today:
Manufacturing has lost 100,000 jobs since 2008, and bright spots among manufacturers linked to the resource sector are not offsetting them," said Innes Willox, chief executive of Australian Industry Group, which conducted one of the surveys.The Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry quarterly survey indicates "Australian businesses feel their profitability and sales are at their weakest levels since 1998, when the survey began".
What of all the industries associated with the metal rollforming? They are all suffering and looking forward to another 8 to 10 months before any light at the end of the tunnel.
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
- Is this the new look of BlueScope in the Australian future. Click on BlueScope!
- Fielders Career Website - WHAT IS A GARDUATE????? Get in quick for a look - as will be corrected by tomorrow - screen clip below! Spelling is obviously not a priority for this position!
- UPDATE: Spelling all corrected on website - Very rare for graduate (tertiary) to be seeked by manufacturers in rollforming - well done - need more talent in this field!
- Hopefully some fine weather ahead for NSW, VIC and QLD so builders can at least get to roof stage over next three months!
- Please vote in the POLL on the right - to express your feelings on the future of rollforming in Australia!
|GARDUATE - What's a Garduate???|