Some months ago the subject of this site was of Revolution Roofings new "True Oak" range of corrugated. There were some very positive and negative comments made of this release - but it seems that the MIDAS touch has happened again - True Oak is now very much in the market place! WHY? Maybe because Mr. Easling has the ability to promote a product but not with spin - but with innovation - and as a result it looks like "True Oak" may be the first metal rollformed sheet to gain the Ecospecifier Global Green Tag badge. This means that architects, engineers and developers can feel satisfied with the product they use as roofing to be suitable for Green Rated building design!
The Roofer said that this would be released here but was beaten by market forces greater than here - and is submitted under SHEDEYE INNOVATION AWARD 2 . The hertiage councils in QLD and NSW will be certifying this roofing profile for replacement projects of old corro and asbestos? Makes you think of the work involved to introduce an old product into a new market! Their release of True Oak will be held in "The Sanctuary" at Adelaide Zoo - which happened to be clad in Fielders product when JE was at the helm - is this correct or an ironary?
|True Oak - A new innovation.|
But still a good innovation by an independent rollformer in Australia! Well Done!
News this week in rollforming?
- Mr. Tim Richards the General Manager of Stramit is leaving Sydney and going to Auckland as the new CEO of Building Products for Fletcher Building - has done a good job as GM of this rollformer over the last few years - especially in hard times.
- Mr. Nathan Jack of (ex flooring, ex steel structures etc) is now the state manager of Fielders in Northgate. An internal appointment strategy, the same as Fletcher Building. Nathan is from Ingleburn in Sydney and will have to change colour from BLUE to MAROON.
- Un-named manager of BlueScope leaves with large payout in Sydney - look in careers section.
- One Steel reps offering very keen prices on Zinc Alume based roofing feed to compete with the bunch of new importers on the scene from Singapore and South Korea.
- New rollformer (not of the top 5) setting up in Chinchilla, Roma and Kingaroy up in Queensland.
- Why are the go getters doing well in this industry - Stratco still cruising towards number ONE spot through diversity in their retail marketing outlook - also may supply all of Woolies Masters chain after Woolies dispute with one of the top 2?